Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sadie Wellington Salon

This is a salon I recently did some work in.  It has a very warm feeling when you walk into it.  One wall is exposed brick.  I just love the feeling exposed brick adds to a space.  They requested that I frame in the mirrors to bring some warmth to that side of the room.                                             

Before pictures of the two mirrors.  The larger mirror is 30ft. long and the smaller one is 5ft. long.

Here we are in action, applying the copper base for our faux finish.

Finally, here is the finished product.  After removing the tape, I stepped back to inspect the job.  I must say, this was the first time I ever got the feeling that the finish product had always been there.  It fits in so perfectly to the space and really frames the mirrors nicely.

These before and after pictures sure show how a faux finish can transform a space into something wonderful. 

If you are ever in the area, check of this salon.  Sadie Wellington Salon is located in Barrington, Illinois.   For more information about them, check out their website http://www.swsalon.com.

3 comments:

Gayle said...

Looks good, T! Makes me want to get my haircut there! Bravo! G

Mary said...

Hi - saw this the other day and didn't have time to really read and look ...... it looks wonderful. I have seen this done to the exterior of homes that lack detail around doors and/or windows - very cool idea - food for thought. Great Job !

Tracy said...

Thanks ladies. I'm very happy with the way it finished.