Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Kids Rooms.

As you can imagine, my kid’s rooms have been painted several times.  Jake was my first born and while pregnant with him (not knowing if I was having a boy or girl) I painted my first mural.  This is what started my love for painting.  I painted the nursery with a colorwashed blue sky, grass, picket fence, tree, flowers and Suzy’s Zoo characters. Unfortunately, I can’t find my pictures of this right now.

While pregnant with Jess, Jake moved to his big boy room which was painted to look like Bikini Bottom from SpongeBob. spongebob room 2 sponogebob room 1

 

 

 

 

After a few years with SpongeBob, I changed Jake’s room to Herbie cars.  I don’t have pictures of this, because I was never very crazy about the way it turned out. 

Currently, Jake’s room is painted to look like cinder blocks with graffiti on it.  I also painted a large area with chalkboard paint so he can add his own graffiti. As you can see, other people like to add to it too.

Jess had the Suzi’s Zoo room for awhile, we added a rainbow to one wall.  Then, a couple years ago I decided it was finally time to paint over it and let Jess express herself.

Jess’ room is dark pink, light pink and black.  I painted a harlequin pattern on her headboard wall and she added some stick on Bratz wall art.  

Yes, it is very bright.  I fits her rockstar, girly, diva attitude perfectly.

Kids rooms are my favorite to paint.  I love to get the kids involved and have them help decide some of the key features.  Even if we adults don’t agree, I think it’s great to let them have it their way (to certain extents).

I designed their current rooms to hopefully last awhile.  Since the business is picking up, I don’t have as much time to repaint theirs as often.  I think they each have a room they can live with for several more years.  Although, I’m sure if they came up with another cool idea and asked me to do it I would… it’s fun to paint.

1 comment:

Gayle said...

You should post the pics of the work you did in Lala's room, too. It's awesome and she LOVES it!!! You were great at figuring out just what she would like. I think it will be great all through her college years...when she comes home for a visit that is!?!? ;-)