Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My Cabin Bathroom

bathroom floor1This is my bathroom.  I started this project because I wanted to test painting over linoleum.  I told my husband I wanted to paint tree stumps on the floor with leaves scattered around it.  His comment was “you want to do what”.  Fortunately, I’ve yet to do something that he hasn’t liked, so I’ve still the freedom to paint as I please. 

 

 

We have a cabin in Northern Wisconsin and I just love all the cabin decor you can find.  So, to go with my tree stumps I decided to make this my little cabin away from the cabin.

On the walls, I stenciled some dragon flies with Venetian Plaster.  Then, I applied three more coats of Venetian Plaster over top.  This makes them very subtle.  Can you see it next to my towel hook?bath5bath 1

bath 3

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

After the work was all done, I got to embellish the room with my cabin items.  I absolutely LOVE this room, it makes me smile and reminds me of Up North.

The only thing I STILL need to do is add a picture of our Cabin to the wall about the towel bar.  I haven’t decided if I want to paint one or just do a drawing.  After that’s done, this room will be perfect.

5 comments:

Mary said...

Thanks Tracy ! I just got home and found your comment and your post......I love your bathroom - and though I love to watch HGTV - I think everyone needs to understand it is NOT the bible. Hooray for themed bathrooms!

Gayle said...

I think that the floor you did in that bathroom is my favorite thing you've ever done! When I'm over visiting and happen to use that room, I always look down at the floor and can't believe it's actually paint!!! Your magic fingers for sure! G

Tracy said...

Mary - I think bathrooms are the best rooms to do themed. You are right although HGTV is great to watch, they do not rule the world.

Gayle - Thanks for your nice comments. This is my decorated room in my house.

preppyplayer said...

You express yourself well. Now I need to see pics of the cabin!

Tracy said...

Preppy - It's very hard for me to get my thoughts into words. I usually go blank when I start typeing. I will definately post pics. of the cabin.