Monday, April 6, 2009

The Lindy’s project…

Here is some work I did at a restaurant in town.  The place started out as a little neighborhood bar.  A couple years ago, they did a huge renovation.  Now, it’s one of the most beautiful buildings in town (in my opinion).  It’s also got an amazing view of Bangs lake.

lindy's brick wall

This is the faux brick wall I painted along with the billboard sign with their logo.  It was a lot of fun painting the brick while the real brick layers were working on the brick columns shown in the same picture.

 

lindy's sign close up

 

This is a close up of the billboard I painted on the brick wall.  I woodgrained it and gave it an aged look.  We wanted it to look like an old sign.

 

lindy's columns

 

These columns behind the bar are also faux.  They wanted brick columns, but the bar wasn’t strong enough to hold real brick.  I got some pretty funny looks carrying in these brick columns.  People thought I was really strong.  It was pretty funny.

 

 

lindy's ceiling

Finally, here is a picture of the ceiling I did for them.  It’s got an aged patina look.  It really finishes off the space.

Luckily, I was able to work on it at home and have it installed by one of the workers.

This is one of those jobs that you don’t get much recognition from, because most people think it’s real and not painted.  A couple of the waitresses get a kick out of telling the customers that it’s actually paint and not real brick.

Keep your eyes open.  You never know you might be looking at something painted instead of the real thing.  That’s what makes faux finishing so much fun.

8 comments:

Ray and Jeanne said...

This is incredible! What material did you paint the bricks on? And what material is that ceiling painted on? It is so neat!

Tracy said...

The bricks were done on regular drywall. The ceiling was done on a polystrene white plastic. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. Glad you like it.

Gayle said...

Yes, and I work there and hear compliments alot. People can't believe that it's faux brick and a faux ceiling. I like to brag that the artist is my dear friend!!!
It's nice seeing it when I work and knowing that YOU put your magic hands on it! ;-) G

Joyce said...

T- this is one of my favorite projects you have done. Who am I kidding-I love all your work!! xoxo

Tracy said...

Gayle & Joyce, you girls are too kind...tell me more. Just kidding. Thank you again for your kind words.

Mary said...

Great work TRACY! Please keep posting your projects - they are full of ideas

preppyplayer said...

That is amazing! You are very talented :)

Tracy said...

Mary - I'm flattered you are getting ideas from my work. What you've done with the church is amazing.

Preppy - thanks for visiting, I've checked out your blog and really like it.